Wednesday, May 10, 2006

The Minorities report in Egypt : The Bahais "Encouters from the third kind"

Well we are still in the Bahais Chapter in the Minorities Report in Egypt discussing the impacts of the surprise rule of the Egyptian Court last month

Today I will speak about something all of you don't know about , about the Close Encounters from the third degree between the Bahais and My family , and when I say my family , I mean my grandfather , as I said it is a great thing to be a grand daughter to a great journalist like my late grand father "May God bless his soul"

and this experience can lead many people to suspect in the intention of the Bahais and their ways to spread their faith

without further introduction , My grand dad was the chief -in -Editor to a famous Akhbar El-Youm 's Magazine , and this was in the 1970s , when he met with a Young Egyptian computer expert at that time who was called "Rashad Khalifa" , Khalifa was an Egyptian immigrant in the States and the word Computer at that time had a magical tune in the ears of any listeners especially when he comes from a country like Egypt

Anyway Khalifa claimed to have a great discovery in Islam and in Quran specifically about the Miracle of Numbers in the holy Book of Islam ,using the computer at that time made him reach out to outstanding results ,already I forgot that Khalifa didn't introduce himself to my Grand dad as a Bahai , as he turned to be ,but as a Muslim , a devoted one

My grand dad didn't know at that time much about the Bahai religion , he knew a lot about the Jove's Witnesses as he covered their arrest in the 1950s in Egypt and so he wrote a series of a very successful articles about the wonderful discovery that its conclusion was that there was fishy about the Number "19" , the holy number of Bahai "will talk about this later", the articles were successful , another hit to my grand dad in the age where Egyptian people had the time and money to buy magazines and read it thoroughly , yet only few understood the significance of this number and what it represents and had certain idea of Khalifa's game and so a my aunt's friend's uncle told my aunt and she was a young girl told her that she should tell her father that that was completely wrong and dangerous as 19 is a holy number of the Bahais !! and that he should n't believe those who call the findings of Miracles in the number in the Holy Quran as it is a dangerous route. Fortunately for My grand father he got busy in other important topics

Then by time shortly in fact Khalifa turned to be a Baha'i, and this was found after his murder in the United States , in a X- file case , as no one knows who behind was behind and at that time there was nothing of the so -Called Islamist radical terrorist groups , I forgot to say that Khalifa claimed to be the next manifestation of God in this century !! as I read already I don't if ti is true or wrong or not but Bahais believe that every 100 year the Manifestation of God must appear on Earth and it unfortunately the Manifestation of God in the 20th century had appeared already click here , so some thought that the murder of Khalifa was a Baha'i inside issue !!

Now to number 19, this is the holiest number for Baha'is and here is why ?

  1. The Baha'i year is 19 months
  2. The Baha'i Month is 19 days
  3. The Baha'i year begins with the Spring Season on 21st of March every year in the Nairoz "and here is the Persian effect in this religion, as the Nairoz is one of the main spring feasts in Ancient and Modern Iran , already was taken from the Egyptian Ancient Civilisation!!"

My Grand dad met another Baha'i , the most famous one in Egypt , the legendary Painter Hussein Bikar , the famous Turkish Egyptian painter was arrested in the famous case of 1985 of Baha'ism yet he was released for his old age , My grand dad always said that this man had a different way in praying and other worshiping matters draw748.jpg , My grand dad didn't ask him I guess because my grand father traveled over 100 countries and was from the early Journalists to meet with different People from different Islamic sects in Afaghanstan and India so he may think he was a muslim like us , untill the 1985 when the Egyptian Society was shocked was the confessions of the Old Artist who over 5 decades charmed the whole arab world with his great drawings like the Nubia paint on the right

Strange thing when he died from couple of years I don't recall if they mentioned his religion or anything about his burial and so on, for me it was a shock because I used to believe that he was following some kind of Sufism order , yet grand dad corrected to me this information

Insh Allah tomorrow I will post very interesting historical post about the Courts rules in the Baha'i issue "with more different views"

I am afraid there are great misunderstanding in this post , it turned out that Rashed Kahlifa is not a Baha'i and Baha'is got nothing to do with his murder "Wikipedia article on the man , man this wiki surprises me every time , once Ruby in it and now this guy "

Thanks to Goeroge Wesly and I apologize to anyone who got offened by this small mistake, but the information I had when I wrote this post said he was a Baha'i

Technorati : , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,


4 comments:

  1. If you will read the Wikipedia entry on the man you identify as a Baha'i, you will see that there is no mention whatsoever that he was a Baha'i, but that he was a Muslim.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rashad_Khalifa

    Regarding claims of prophethood, the Kitab-i-Aqdas indicates:

    Whoso layeth claim to a Revelation direct from God, ere the expiration of a full thousand years # 37

    The Dispensation of Bahá’u’lláh will last until the coming of the next Manifestation of God, Whose advent will not take place before at least “a full thousand years” will have elapsed. Bahá’u’lláh cautions against ascribing to “this verse” anything other than its “obvious meaning”, and in one of His Tablets, He specifies that “each year” of this thousand year period consists of “twelve months according to the Qur’án, and of nineteen months of nineteen days each, according to the Bayán”.
    The intimation of His Revelation to Bahá’u’lláh in the Síyáh-Chál of Tihrán, in October 1852, marks the birth of His Prophetic Mission and hence the commencement of the one thousand years or more that must elapse before the appearance of the next Manifestation of God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's an interesting story that about Khalifa.
    Somehow I tend not to trust people who only see religion through esoteric prophecies and magic stuff. Most of these people don't seem to have their feet on the groud. :-) And if he claimed to be a Manifestation of God... well that says a lot about him.

    Bahá'u'lláh taught that the time interval between two Manifestations may be about one thousand years (not one hundred years). This is an approximate measure of time; For example, Between Christ and Muhammad there are only 620 years, I believe.

    The number 19 is not a holy number. I would say it has a great symbolic meaning. Baha'is also have a Nineteen Days Feast on the first day of every Baha'i month. But it is not only the Baha'i calendar that reflects this symbolism.
    The first 18 disciples of the Bab and Himself formed the 19 Letters of the Living.
    The Bayan (the most sacred book revealed by the Bab) has 19 chapters.
    Baha'u'llah also had 19 Apostles.

    Number 9 (nine) also has some symbolic meaning in Baha'i religion.

    I never heard of Hussein Bikar. :-(
    Sorry for my ignorance!
    I promise you I will learn about him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know about Rashad Khalifa and I never heard before that he is a Bahai and even if he is what is your problem with that? What this X-file case you are talking about it. Is it an episode of the X-files http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106179/?

    ReplyDelete
  4. well thank George for your correction but the strange thing that he is known in Egypt to be a Baha'i , I will correct this

    also thanks Marco for the links I love to know the different calenders in the world

    Sherif this is my blog I write in it what ever I want and this is my own problem

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comment
Please keep it civilized here, racist and hateful comments are not accepted
The Comments in this blog with exclusion of the blog's owner does not represent the views of the blog's owner.